Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
This workshop is for individuals in all phases of international adoption. A Lifebook is a story of the child’s life and serves as one way to discuss adoption. If your child is older and you do not have a Lifebook, we have a section on how to create a Lifebook with your child. While this presentation was originally developed for parents, adult adoptees have found this course to be helpful in writing their own Lifebook.
You will explore topics including:
- The basics of creating a Lifebook for your child.
- Adoption terminology
- The difference between a “baby” book and a Lifebook
- Gathering items for the Lifebook
- Addressing common questions children ask or are asked
- Sample passages that can be used in a Lifebook
- Adding new background information you may receive at a later date
- Additional resources to further assist you
We hope you enjoy this 25 minute presentation.
Dillon International, Inc.
Licensed, non-profit child placement agency specializing in international adoptions and post-adoption services since 1972.